Who will get my benefits?

Lump sum death grant

You can let us know your wishes by filling in an Expression of wish for payment of death grant form.

We make the final decision on whom to pay the lump sum to. Before we make any decision, we will consider any wishes you have expressed, but are not bound by this.

Survivor’s pensions

Survivor’s pensions are payable to your husband or wife or your civil partner or cohabiting partner.

If you would like benefits to be paid to a cohabiting partner they will need to meet certain conditions.

Children's pensions are payable to any eligible dependent children you may have when you die.

Please contact us if you want to know more.